CMS Distance LearningPosted by: CMS Webhelp 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Teachers will be reaching out to their students to re-connect and re-engage. We will ease into the learning in order to provide enough time for teachers and students to transition to this new model. The first week will almost like the first week of school. Teachers will be checking in with students and providing new “classroom” procedures. We want to provide our students with some structure, but we also want to be mindful about how we do this to avoid causing more stress for our learners.
Office Hours: Teachers will have set, 2-hour blocks of time each day of the week for office hours. Those hours will be during the typical school day of 8:20:am to 3:05 pm.
**Office hours are designated times to provide students with feedback. Parents, please communicate with teachers via email, and they will get back to you.
To contact teachers, you may email through PowerSchool or at their CUSD email
When teachers are not holding office hours they will be providing written feedback, responding to emails, developing virtual lessons to deliver standards-based content, collaborating with colleagues, and providing additional supports, as needed.
Office hours may include:
1. Zoom Video Conferencing Meetings
- group or individual
2. PowerSchool discussion boards
3. Email Communication
4. Phone Call
- Please be patient with your children as they learn how to access distance learning and adjust to the change in their routines.
- Please be patient with our teachers, administration, staff and technology. The teachers are trying to do something that they have never done before and with a very short amount of lead time.
- Establish routines to include school time and physical movement - and be okay if that routine isn’t perfectly followed every day. The social-emotional wellness of our students, staff, and community is our highest priority.
Tools for Students
Student Schedule: To keep students organized and structured, it's recommended that students maintain a daily schedule. (see example below) Consistency is KEY!!
All work for the week will be provided on each teacher’s PowerSchool page.
- Work in blocks of time take a short movement break (1-2 minutes) after every 20 or 30 minutes
- Designate one area of the house for learning
- Add your teacher’s office hours to your schedule
- Students should communicate with their teachers at least once a week during the teacher’s office hours
- Use your agenda to maintain structure and keep track of your work
Counseling Support is available to students. They can go to the Counseling page on PowerSchool or they can email Ms. Vu or Ms. Kint.
Teachers may use Zoom for lessons and meetings :
- Students DO NOT need a Zoom account to JOIN a meeting.
- Students will be provided the Zoom meeting invite code any time there is a lesson or meeting.
- Students are NOT REQUIRED to create an account.