2015-2016: 8th Grade Online / Hybrid P.E. ClassPosted by: Jay Marquand 4 years, 8 months ago
SURVEY: Exploring Potential 8th Grade Physical Education
Online / Hybrid Class for 2015-2016
Dear 8th Grade Families (2015-2016 school year),
In an effort to continue to provide our students with educational opportunities, CMS is exploring the possibility of offering an 8th grade technology based hybrid / online learning physical education class for the 2015-2016 school year. The potential course would ensure mandated requirements for grade 8 physical education are met while providing some flexibility for students. Flexibilities may allow for physical education activities to occur outside of the school environment with mandated check-in requirements, as well as required standards-based written work and assessments. The class would be limited in enrollment. If this course is offered and there are more interested students than space available, your child may not have the opportunity to get registered in the class. Here are some of the proposed details:
- Class time: Monday through Friday, Period 7, 2:03 pm- 3:00 pm. (Wednesday Minimum Day 12:39 pm- 1:20 pm.). Most days students would be dismissed from school at the end of period 6 – 1:59 p.m. On days the teacher would be meeting with students on campus for the class (2-4 times per month), the students would remain and be dismissed at the end of period 7, 3:00 p.m., just like a regular bell schedule day. The number of days to meet on campus would range from 2-4 total per month and would be determined at the beginning of the year and conveyed to parents and students. We would schedule these check-ins on consistent days to meet on campus throughout the year (For example: Every other Thursday)
- Transportation: CMS will not be providing bus service at this time. Please note the expectation is for parents to transport or be comfortable with the mode of transportation their child would use to and from class.
- Location: The expectation is for the students to complete their online course work at home. Required class meetings would be held on CMS physical education facilities.
- Commitment: This class would be an alternate P.E. class that will take the place of traditional P.E. that is normally scheduled during the regular school hours. Therefore, students will end their day at the end of period 6, 1:59 pm rather than 3:00 pm.
The request form is in the link directly below and is due to your son/daughters P.E. teacher on Wednesday, 6/10/15.
As always, we appreciate your support and commitment,
Jay Marquand, Ph.D. Todd Thielman, Jeff Beckley, Bonnie McCann and Brian Schumeyer
Principal CMS P.E. Department
* TRUSTWORTHINESS ** RESPECT ** RESPONSIBILITY ** FAIRNESS ** CARING ** CITIZENSHIP *
Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching!Share on Twitter Share on Facebook