Upcoming Events ← Back to full list
Dates & Times:
CMS PE Swim DaysSeptember 16-27, 2019
All CMS students will swim during their Physical Education class on the following six days:
Monday, 9/16, Tuesday. 9/17, Thursday, 9/19, Monday 9/23, Tuesday, 9/24, & Friday, 9/27.
Students will be responsible for bringing their swimsuit and a towel in a plastic bag daily as there is no locker space dedicated for wet clothing.
Since we are swimming during school time, students must be modestly covered. Swimsuit requirements are as follows:
- Students must wear actual swimsuits. No cotton clothing is allowed as cotton clogs the pool filters.
- Boys should wear swim trunks or board shorts, Speedo or Jammers. Boys may also wear rash guards.
- Girls should be adequately covered. Recommended: a one piece suit or a two piece suit and rash guard. Girls may wear board shorts over their suits.
- Students may bring goggles.
- Students with shoulder length or longer hair must wear it tied back or wear a swim cap.
- Please label all towels!
Students will be working on Aquatic Safety Skills, improvement of basic swimming strokes, as well as cardio-vascular fitness.
The pool is fully staffed with plenty of Red Cross Certified Lifeguards on deck and Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors.
Students unable to swim due to illness or injury must bring a parent note to be excused. ALL missed swim days must be made up. Make up days and times and procedures will be announced.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
CMS PE DEPARTMENT