Our national award-winning yearbook class is one of the most popular courses offered at CMS and is nationally recognized by nationwide organizations including the Columbia Scholastic Press.
Haven't ordered your 2020-2021 Surfer Yearbook? Click here to Order your Yearbook
8th Grade Families: Order a commemorative Yearbook AD, TODAY!!
- Yearbook recognition ads are a great way for parents, families and friends to commemorate student achievements and important milestones. In addition, revenues from recognition ads help our school to create a better yearbook.
- To purchase your ad online, follow the instructions on the form below. Jostens is managing your school's yearbook ad sales so please do not contact or send materials to the school.
- Please take into account our school's ad content guidelines on the bottom of this form during the creation of your ad online.
1/4 page = $90
1/8 page = $45
IT’S EASY! Create your ad online at www.jostensadservice.com
- Choose your ad size and layout.
- Enter your text and upload your photos.
Important information about Yearbook Recognition Ads
- Our school reserves the right to edit ads per our guidelines.
- We retain the right to remove any explicit text, graphic photos or copyright-protected imagery or photos.
- For the ad to appear in the yearbook, your ad must be purchased by the order deadline.
- Color photographs uploaded for black-and-white ads will appear in black and white.
- We will make every effort to use your layout and text as indicated. A proof will not be provided and no changes can be made after purchase
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are the ad prices determined and what is the money used for? Ad prices are determined by our school. The revenue from Recognition Ads helps support our yearbook and keep it affordable for everyone.
- How is the ad deadline determined? The ad deadline is set by our school based on the production schedule for the yearbook.
- Can I create my student’s ad on my mobile device? Yes, you can design your recognition ad on a mobile device using the free ReplayIt app. Available for download from the Google Play and Apple App store.
- Can I send my materials to the school? No, please do not send your materials to our school. Our school has selected Jostens to assist with our ad program.
- Please call our customer service number (800-358-0800) if you have questions or need assistance in creating your ad.
More questions? Call Jostens at (800) 358-0800.
- Pacemaker Nomination, National Scholastic Press Association 2013, 2014
- Best in Show, National Scholastic Press Association, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Silver Crown, Columbia Scholastic Press Association, 2014
- Gold Crown, Columbia Scholastic Press Association, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. 2020
Best in Class, San Diego County Fair 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Best in Show, San Diego County Fair, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
First Place, San Diego County Fair, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The course sees the development of each year’s yearbook as documenting the history of the school. There is a focus on celebrating student’s experiences at CMS and accurately representing the life of the school. Each yearbook has color throughout, but the written content is also a strong component. Lastly, we are always looking for new facets to add; this year past year we introduced QR codes.
Our yearbook is a work of art, as well as a piece of CMS history. The life of our school and our past is documented through this class.