Physical Education: Aquatic P.E. for all CMS Students
Dear Parents and Students,
All CMS students will swim during their Physical Education class during one week of the 2018-2019 school year:
2018-2019 Dates TBD:
Students will be responsible for bringing their swim suit and a towel in a plastic bag daily as there is really no locker space dedicated to wet things.
Since we are swimming during school time, students must be modestly covered. Swim suit requirements are as follows:
- Students must wear actual swim suits. No cotton clothing is allowed as cotton clogs the pool filters.
- Girls need to wear either a one piece suit. A two piece suit can be worn, but must be covered by a rash guard. Girls can wear board shorts over their suits if they like.
- Boys need to wear swim trunks or board shorts, Speedo or Jammers. Boys may also wear rash guards.
- Students can also bring goggles.
- Students with shoulder length or longer hair will need to wear it tied back or wear a swim cap. No Metal hair clips allowed.
- Please label all towels!
Students will be working on Aquatic Safety Skills, improvement of basic swimming strokes, as well as cardio-vascular fitness.
The PE Team are Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors, and the pool is fully staffed with plenty of qualified Lifeguards on deck.
Students unable to swim due to illness or injury must bring a parent note to be excused. ALL missed swim days must be made up. Make up days and times will be announced.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
CMS PE DEPT
* TRUSTWORTHINESS ** RESPECT ** RESPONSIBILITY ** FAIRNESS ** CARING ** CITIZENSHIP *
Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching!
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account