CMS Campus Safe Reopening Plan
This page will be updated regularly:
Click on the link: CMS On Campus Safe Reopening Plan (Oct. 2020) Note: Information is subject to change Updated CMS On Campus Safe Reopening Plan (Feb. 2021)
The presentation and video include
- Safety protocols and procedures
- Symptom check procedures
- Arrival procedures and entry points
- Cohort rules and expectations
- On campus protocols
- In classroom procedures
- Campus cleaning and disinfecting
- Sick student process and pick up procedures
- Departure procedures
- Phases details and communication
Parents will receive an email outlining on campus experience details prior to student return.
Phase 2: Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Please note that ALL information/plans listed are subject to change based on updated county guidance.
CMS News Reopening: Phases Information
- All students with IEP’s, KCMS, Yearbook, (Band*-when permitted)
Week of October 12th and proceeding weeks
- Additional period for Phase 2 cohorts, as detailed in emails sent to those cohorts
- Students will stay with their cohort and Zoom into their additional period class from an assigned classroom where a CMS staff member will be present to monitor students. Students staying for two periods in the morning will leave campus at 11:45 am
Week of October 19th.
- ASB Cohort
- ELD and targeted students
Students will not be on the CMS campus during lunch - 11:45 am to 12:30 pm.
Phase 3: Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Reminders: Parents will receive an email with detailed cohort information the week before student returns for his/her elective class. Please note that ALL information/plans listed are subject to change based on updated county guidance.
The following students in the classes listed below will return to campus as cohorts. Each of the cohorts will attend for the one class period listed below.
- Lit (Literacy) Lab
- 6th grade wheel classes (Digital Media, Life Skills 101 (Thrively and GREAT), Art, Coding)
- Advanced Art
- Advanced Performing Arts
- Students with 504's**
If you have not completed the CUSD Parent/Guardian Health and Safety Agreement found in the email sent, click on the link and complete the form. Students will not be permitted on campus without it. You may also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of November 2nd:
- Beginning Band- if restrictions are still in place, students will have on campus instruction one day a week
- Advanced Band - if restrictions are still in place, students will have on campus instruction one day a week
Week of November 9th:
- Digital Media 7/8
- Intermediate Performing Arts 7/8
- Art 7/8
- Math Lab
Week of November 16th:
- Spanish 1A per. 2 and 3
- Spanish 1B per. 6 and 7
At this time, all students opting for on campus experiences will be on campus.
Phase 4: CMS Semester 2 Reopening Information and Survey
Survey Due Wed. December 16th at 4 PM Click here for the SURVEY
Link to Schedule Draft: Phase 4 Schedule and Phases 5 and 6 Information
Link to NEW Semester 2 Phases FAQ's Semester 2 Frequently Asked Question