- CMS 2021
Bridge 2020 General Information
2020 BRIDGE: Connecting educators, students and families through distance learning.
August: CUSD BRIDGE INFORMATION
HOW TO ACCESS POWERSCHOOL AND SYNERGY
ONLINE LEARNING AND SAFETY
It's always important to talk to your kids about technology use, and as we shift to a remote learning model it's an important time to talk to your kids about online safety and cyber presence. Common Sense media has a lot of useful tips, lessons, and links. https://www.commonsense.org/
What are some guidelines for parents to support distance learning?
Support for your student may take many different forms, depending on their needs. What we have learned from school districts in states that have launched remote learning before Ohio is that it can take a couple of weeks to settle into a new learning routine. Allow yourself and your child time to adjust, knowing that our team of educators is here to support you as we figure this out together.
- Establish routines and expectations
- Define the physical space for your child’s study
- Monitor communications from your child’s teachers
- Begin and end each day with a check-in
- Take an active role in helping your child process and own their learning
- Establish times for quiet and reflection
- Encourage physical activity and/or exercise
- Remain mindful of your child’s stress or worry Middle and high school students can access online resources here that include deep breathing and guided relaxation exercises, mindfulness and meditation exercises, and progressive muscle relaxation exercises.
- Celebrate your student’s accomplishments, large and small
- Monitor how much time your child is spending online
- Keep your child social, but set rules around their social media interactions
The Coronado Unified School District is grateful for the unwavering support of our entire school community during this difficult time. We remain focused and committed to ensuring that Every Child, Every Day continues to receive quality learning experiences that are rigorous, inspirational and provide opportunities to thrive, even from a distance!