Our Mission, Vision, and Character Pillars
Quality Education for Life
Through rigorous academic standards, high expectations, and a coordinated curriculum, Coronado Middle School and the Coronado Unified School District, in partnership with our small, involved community, will graduate students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in higher education, careers, society, and life with the confidence not only to dream, but to determine their futures.
“We inspire, innovate, and create limitless opportunities to thrive.”
CMS Vision for Student-Centered Learning
CMS strives to create a culture of invested and empowered learners who recognize and respect personal learning approaches.
Coronado Middle School prepares all students to be:
- Seek, interpret, and evaluate evidence to support and defend arguments
- Read, write, listen, and speak to effectively communicate ideas with real, authentic audiences
- Apply a variety of tools and media to publish their best, original work
- Continue to seek learning opportunities outside the walls of the classroom as 21st century learners
- Apply learning to real world connections
- Analyze and explain academic concepts
- Critically assess and problem solve
- Ask questions and take risks to deepen understanding of content
COMMUNITY TEAMmates who:
- Solve problems using multiple solutions and innovative approaches.
- Collaborate and cooperate with diverse learning teams on shared goals
- Foster integrity and respect so that all individuals may thrive
- Listen and communicate to provide kind, specific, and constructive feedback
- Motivate each other to persevere and develop growth mindsets
- Welcome multiple perspectives in order to learn from others
- Recognize the diverse talents of others and contribute their own to enrich the school community
- Uplift one another, show empathy and concern for fellow citizens
INVESTED LEARNERS who
- Demonstrate understanding of content
- Prioritize and manage tasks
- Reflect for continual growth by monitoring progress, determining when to adjust strategies or when to seek more resources for mastery of challenging concepts
- Embrace personal learning styles, strengths, and needs
- View mistakes as opportunities for growth
- Build confidence and independence to take risks when approaching new learning
- Develop a passion for lifelong learning.
The Six Pillars of Character
We believe everything we do should center on a relationship with teacher and student built on TRUSTWORTHINESS and focusing on what is in the best interests of every student to maximize his/her learning.
We believe our ethical behavior, based on integrity, mutual RESPECT, and our Character Education program, fosters a positive culture and creates an environment that is safe, secure and structured to meet the needs of all children.
We believe in the RESPONSIBILITY to develop a rigorous, relevant curriculum, delivered with expertise, so each student remains motivated, engaged and is willing to take risks, demonstrate creativity and reach their potential.
We believe in FAIRNESS for all shareholders through honest and respectful communication and establishing a teamwork approach to ensure success for every student.
We believe in teaching the importance of physical, emotional, cognitive and social well being and providing a CARING atmosphere to encourage our students to become a fully developed individual.
We believe in learning as a life-long process for all shareholders to support global CITIZENSHIP among our students to enrich their lives, their community and their nation.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account